Calcasieu Pass and the Environment
The Calcasieu Pass Project is committed to protecting the environment during all phases of the project and will work to ensure coexistence with the coastal ecosystem of southwestern Louisiana.
As part of this commitment, Venture Global has conducted surveys on wetlands, waterbodies, and wildlife, as well as cultural and archaeological aspects of the project.
Venture Global Calcasieu Pass is collaborating with a number of local, state, and regional partners:
- The U.S. Coast Guard
- The Lake Charles Pilots Association
- The Port of Cameron
- The Port of Lake Charles
- First responders in the region
- Cameron Parish businesses
- Louisiana Department of Natural Resources – Click for more information
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers – Click for more information