What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with an individual or, where California law applies, a household. We collect personal information about you when you visit our websites.
Information we collect directly from you
The categories of personal information that we collect directly from you include the following:
- contact details (e.g., name, business email address and phone number);
- employment information (e.g., employer); and
- any other information you provide when you submit comments via our websites.
Personal Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect personal information about how visitors use our websites, including:
- user settings and preferences (e.g., browser type and version, operating system, type of device used);
- IP address, MAC address, or other unique identifier for the device used to access our websites; and
- usage information (e.g., which pages are viewed, length of visit, time).
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of information across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. For more information about do not track, visit www.allaboutdnt.org.
How we use your personal information and the basis on which we use it
We may use your personal information for the following purposes, or for any other purpose we may disclose at the time of collection:
- Communicating with you: we may use any of the categories of your personal information when we communicate with you, for example if we are responding to your inquiry or providing information about changes to our terms and conditions. It is in our legitimate interests to provide you with appropriate responses and with notices about our websites.
- Improving our services: we analyze information about how you use our websites to provide an improved experience for our visitors. It is in our legitimate interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our websites and improve them.
- Operating our business:including receiving services from our providers, evaluating your application for employment, investigating and preventing fraud, conducting audits, or identifying potential customers and investors / bondholders. It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal information for these purposes.
- Exercising our rights: we may use any of the categories of your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or contract.
Where we have relied on legitimate interests for processing personal information, we take steps to ensure that our processing does not override your data protection rights and interests.
Your rights over your personal information
You may have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the rights to:
- access your personal information;
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability);
- withdraw your consent to data processing (where the processing of your information is based on your consent and without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you have questions or concerns regarding such rights, please contact email@example.com.
Personal Information Sharing
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates. We may share your personal information with our affiliates for any of the purposes described in the “How We Use Your Personal Information and the Basis on Which We Use It” section above.
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to send newsletters and marketing emails.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Personal Information Storage
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, in accordance with our data retention policy, and subject to compliance with applicable law. We may also retain your personal data if needed for our legal obligations or to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or investigate or defend against potential legal claims. Any request to delete your personal information is subject to these obligations and restrictions.
International Data Transfer
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
When you visit the “Careers” portion of our websites, we collect the personal information that you provide to us in connection with your job application. This includes business and personal contact information, professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, and other information of the type that may be included in a resume. This may also include diversity information that you voluntarily provide. We use this personal information to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, to monitor recruitment statistics, and to respond to surveys. We may also use this information to provide improved administration of our websites, and as otherwise necessary (a) to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on us; (b) to protect and defend our or others’ rights or property; (c) in connection with a legal investigation; and/or (d) to investigate or assist in preventing any violation or potential violation of the law or any of our company policies.
Our websites are not directed at children under 16 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from any child under the age of 16. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
We do not knowingly disclose the personal information of children under 16 years of age to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration (i.e., “sell” or “share,” as those terms are defined under the California Privacy Rights Act of 2020).
Venture Global LNG, Inc. is the controller responsible for the personal information collected and processed though this website.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail the following address:
Venture Global LNG, Inc.
1001 19th Street North
Arlington, VA 22209
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.
Effective Date: October 17, 2022