What Personal Information Do We Collect?We collect information about you when you visit our websites. Whether or not to provide your information is your own choice. But if you choose not to provide the information we request, you may be unable to access certain services, offers, and content on our websites.
Information we collect directly from youThe categories of information that we collect directly from you include the following:
- contact details (e.g., name, email address);
- employment information (e.g., company); and
- if our websites include a comment function, any other information you provide when you submit comments.
Information we collect automaticallyWe automatically collect information about how visitors use our websites, including:
- user settings and preferences (e.g., browser type and version, operating system, type of device used);
- IP address, MAC address, or other unique identifier for the device used to access our websites;
- usage information (e.g., which pages are viewed, length of visit, time)
If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers permit individuals to decline cookies. In most cases, you may refuse or delete one or more cookies and still access our websites, but site functionality may be impaired. After you finish browsing our websites, you may delete site cookies from your system if you wish.
How we use your personal information and the basis on which we use itWe may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you: we may use any of the categories of your personal information when we communicate with you, for example if we are responding to your inquiry or providing information about changes to our terms and conditions. It is in our legitimate interests to provide you with appropriate responses and with notices about our websites.
- Improving our services: we analyze information about how you use our websites to provide an improved experience for our visitors. It is in our legitimate interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose, so we can understand any issues with our websites and improve them.
- Exercising our rights: we may use any of the categories of your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or contract.
Your rights over your personal informationYou may have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the rights to:
- access your personal information;
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- erase your personal information;
- restrict our use of your personal information;
- object to our use of your personal information;
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability);
- withdraw your consent to data processing (where the processing of your information is based on your consent and without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal); and
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
Information SharingWe may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to send newsletters and marketing emails.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
Information StorageWe retain your information as appropriate for our reasonable business purposes in accordance with our data retention policy and subject to compliance with applicable law. We may also retain your personal data if needed for our legal obligations or to resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or investigate or defend against potential legal claims.
International Data TransferYour personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
Contact UsVenture Global LNG, Inc. is the controller responsible for the personal information collected and processed though this website.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact email@example.com.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you may have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority of your country of residence.
Effective Date: April 17, 2019